I feel like life hasn’t slowed down one bit since I’ve been home with Micah. We have had full days of playing, book reading, walks, play dates…all great things. So what’s a girl to do when she feels super busy already? Start a huge project of course! What else!? (It’s a sickness, I tell you.)
A couple weeks ago, I got the idea to add built ins around these french doors…
I did a quick (very rough) photoshop of what I have in mind:
- We decided not to build all the way to the ceiling. I like the gap at the top.
- Start with bookcases from Ikea as our base and add moulding to get the built in look. (It’s actually a little weird how perfect the dimensions of the billy bookcases are for the space)
- remove the blinds from the french doors. We never close them and they are really loud when we open/shut the door
- paint the back of the bookcases and darker color (Mocha Accent by Behr)
- I originally wanted to paint the french doors, but the window grids are on the inside of the glass and can’t be painted. Boo.
- Paint the room Wheat Bread by Behr
Updates to come soon. Wish us luck!
Check out the web story for how to make custom built-ins using Ikea Billy bookcases here!