Hosting a Favorite Things Party is such a great way to celebrate the holidays, gather with friends, and share some fun gifts with each other as well. The idea is fairly simple and having been to a few myself, I can attest to how much fun they are!
In this article, I will cover how to throw a Favorite Things Party, fun ideas for invitations, or you can skip straight to the Favorite Things Party Gift Ideas section.
What is a Favorite Things Party?
A Favorite Things Gift Exchange holiday party is a party with friends, co-workers, neighbors, etc. They are typically thrown during the holiday season, although it would be fun at any time of year. It is the perfect way to catch up with friends and meet new ones all the same!
At the party, every guest will bring 4 gifts of the exact same thing. They bring them unwrapped and there is usually a spending limit on the gifts. In the end, each guest will go home with 4 different, new gifts.
Ideas of What to Bring to a Favorite Things Party Under $10
You’ll find that beauty products are very popular at these parties. Those gifts always go over very well! A lot of these ideas are some of my own favorite things and items I would or have brought to a party myself.
Alright, let’s look at some favorite things gifts ideas.
- 1. Dashing Diva Gel Nail Strips – I honestly don’t know why more people aren’t talking about these. I have used them for months and they have never once (!) fallen off. The are a great gift for anyone. I have only removed them when my nails grow out too long. Even better than going to the salon to get a gel manicure in my opinion!
- 2. Neutral Nail Polish Set – love the colors of these. Fun little holiday specials from Target.
- 3. NYX Non-sticky butter gloss – the reviews! Can’t beat a little product with over 60 reviews.
- 4. Tobatoba Knot Headbands – I’ve seen these around so much lately and love the look
- 5. Vaseline Lip Therapy and Color Care – lots of colors to choose from
- 6. Tronco 20oz. Tumbler – price is for 4, so it comes down to $10/piece. The extras could be used for stocking stuffers! Tons of colors as well.
- 7. Lavish Lash Serum – for those wanting longer lashes, but don’t have extensions
- 8. Mix:Bar Perfume – a favorite beauty product and a fan favorite! Great value for the price!
- 9. wet n wild Mega Glo Blushlighter Blush and Highlighter Duo – thousands of really great reviews!
- 10. SHALAC Large Hair Claw Clips – I own these and love ’em!
- 11. Pixie Face Sheet Mask – these jade rollers are everywhere and for good reason!
- 12. OPI Nail and Cuticle Oil – fun idea since a lot of us are doing at-manis during the pandemic
- 13. AIEVE Candle Snuffer – good option if you’re not wanting to go the beauty route!
- 14. C.S.M. Body Brush – the perfect gift for a fun little change from the typical loofah
- 15. vyu Hair Scarf Ties – cute look for the ponies!
- 16. Burt’s Bees 3 Lip Care – I actually received these last year at a Favorite Things Party and I still love them!
- 17. Hanalei Lip Treatment – Ok, this one is actually $15. But it’s a staple for me – I use it every night. It’s seriously the best!
- 18. Kitsch Spiral Hair Ties – they’re all I use now. I love them!
If none of these ideas appeal to you, a gift card to your favorite coffee ship is always a popular item as well!
How to Host a Favorite Things Party
Hosting a Favorite Things Party is a simple party to throw and doesn’t take too much party planning. Let’s get started with the basics.
Favorite Things Party Invitation Ideas
I have rounded up a couple cute ideas for Favorite Things Party Invitation Ideas. Most of these can be sent electronically, although it would be super fun to send them in old school snail mail!
Invitation Found Here
Invitation Found Here
Invitation Found Here
Most of those invitations come with extras, like a fun way to decorate with printables for the party, so be sure to check those out!
Throwing the Party
Have a large table cleared when the guests arrive at the party. This is where all of the guests will bring 4 of the same identical, unwrapped gifts. These gifts will be a favorite item of theirs. The guests will set them on the table when they arrive to the party. You will find that guests enjoy looking at what others have brought as well.
Once you are ready to get started, have every guest write their name 4 times on 4 different pieces of paper. Place all of the names in a bowl.
Choose one person to begin. That person will explain what they brought and why it is one of their favorite things. They will then draw 4 names from the bowl. Each of those 4 people will receive one of their gifts.
The last person whose name was drawn will go next. They will draw 4 names, give out 4 gifts, and the whole process is repeated again.
Repeat the process until everyone has drawn 4 different names.
If they draw their own name or the same name twice, have them draw another name. In the end, everyone will go home with 4 different gifts!
Because everyone goes home with 4 gifts, there isn’t a need to provide party favors for the guests.
Gift Guides for a Favorite Things Party
The price limit for Favorite Things Parties is usually around $10 – $15. So all of the gift ideas below are around that price point.
So there you have it! 18 gifts ideas of things to bring to a Favorite Things Party that are all under $10. Have fun!